- About us
- YiA Contact Point
- How to help
Ndryshimi fillon me ty!
Change Starts with You!
"Volunteers are not paid, not because they are not necessary, but because they did not pay!"
This is the motto of the new initiative offered by the Beyond Barriers organization for all young people in Tirana. “Change Starts with You!” is a project concerning volunteer management in Tirana which aims to raise awareness among different actors of civil society, especially young people, on the philosophy, values and importance of volunteer work. The project aims to create a permanent structure to promote volunteer work for young people and to encourage them to be active citizens in local communities by providing support for vulnerable groups based on such values as: promotion of human rights, cultural diversity, including marginalized groups into community life, cooperation, solidarity and equal opportunities.
The main objectives of the project are:
- To increase awareness of youth volunteerism, the values it carries and its importance,
- To increase interest of young people for volunteer work for disadvantaged groups,
- To contribute to building long-term sustainable structures and partnerships between institutions and civil society organizations,
- To provide information on volunteering in Albania and at the European level,
- To identify institutions that work with young people and need volunteer work,
- To focus this process to the volunteer-institution mutual needs,
- To contribute to an increased voluntary sector and civil society in Albania,
- To create a database with institutions which may use voluntary work which can be used by other NGOs.
The target group that we intend to raise the awareness of and include in the project are youngsters from four high schools in Tirana, that is Petro Nini Luarasi, Sami Frasheri, Ismail Qemali and Qemal Stafa, and youngsters from the Faculty of Social Sciences of Tirana.
Beyond Barriers Association will act as a bridge between institutions or NGOs that need to receive volunteers and youngsters who are willing to offer their volunteer work, taking into account mutual needs and strategic priorities of the youth policy on the national and local level.
This project is funded by the Soros Open Society Foundation and will be implemented from September 2010 until February 2011 by the organization Beyond Barriers. For more information you can contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com or at the office number 044806136. Also in this link you can download the leaflet (English | Albanian) and a poster of the project. Click HERE to download the presentation.